The Han Institute was created in 2013 to honor Professor Ji-Sheng Han, a Neuroscientist and his outstanding work on the study of mechanisms of pain and acupuncture at his laboratory at the Peking University of Health and Science (Beijing Medical University) in Beijing, China. Furthermore, the Institute aims at highlighting the work of modern Chinese scientists at various Chinese medical universities who have conducted research on TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and acupuncture. Through their research, the neuro-biological equivalents of such hypothetical constructs as Qi and meridians in TCM have been confirmed.
The global approach to disease has been dominated by the understanding and practice of western medicine. In the USA, open mindedness, exposure to other forms of medicine, coupled with changes in insurance reimbursement practices has increased the demand for alternative medicine.
TCM and other alternative therapies have gained credibility with both standard medical practices and patients over the last ten years. However, TCM remains on the fringe of treatment plans because of a highly fractionated provider base. Many of these practices are housed in inadequate facilities which are promoted by poorly informed marketing and sales practitioners.
Through extensive data collection methodologies, rigorous scientific analysis, and peer review – more credibility should be given to CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) form of treatments.
- We have developed the Han Protocols to standardize treatment, and produce predictably good results.
- By developing relationships with traditional medicine providers, we can provide complementary solutions for neurological disorders, chronic pain, and psychiatric disorders.
- By collaborating with existing CAM providers, we can standardize treatment and improve quality of care.
- We intend to give back to the community by conducting training courses and holding local events.
- We aim to provide the best possible CAM treatment modalities to help people live a long and healthy life.
Read more or contact us. We have treatments for Autism, Alzheimer's, Senile dementia, Parkinson's disease, Lou Gehrig's disease, Fibromyalgia, Idiopathic neuropathy, Addictions, and Fatigue. View all our services.